The first edition of the festival tooks place in the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, Paris 3, 10, 17 & 24 June 2011
Above the Winner’s Prize 2011 Ai Estelle Barreyre © Still life
– ORIGINAL CREATIONS Since its first edition, the festival “ les Nuits Photographiques” took the initiative to grant awards, organize a creative residence, and order photo films , thus encouraging the creation, distribution and production of photo films. Works so created were showed during the evenings: – Arnaud Chambon is the winner of the first creative residence – Frédéric Ledoux had an order of E-Kus for unrealeased for the festival – Laurent Brémond an order of short movies focusing on our Event. – Plus 4 evenings of screening and musicals, free and yet unrealeased “ Right in the middle of Paris…”
– MIDNIGHT MOVIES Each evening ended with a show of movies known as historical references of the photo film: -Chris Marker: La jetée -DzigaVertov: The man with a camera -Artavazd Pelechian: The seasons -Man Ray :Emak Bakia & The starfish
- GUEST OF HONOUR Five influents actors in the photo film world presented their top selection of photo-films: – L’Agence VII - Le Studio National du Fresnoy - Le Collectif Tendance Floue - Le Collectif Argos - Photographie.com
– THE SELECTION FOR THE AWARDS 26 works have been selected via an international call for tender and presented during the four evenings of projections. Each work was competing for the awards. The «Grand prix des nuits photographiques » has been awarded to Ai-Estelle Barreyre for her film Still life.
– LA DAME NOIR / During the first part of each evening and in partnership with the brand La Dame Noir , everybody could enjoy a warming electronic music session, to boost the atmosphere, awaiting for the night and the shows…
-ARLES JULY the 7th 2011 An outstanding evening : Les Nuits Photographiques joined the city of Arles during the opening week of the famous « Rencontres d’Arles » for a very special night of screening and musical program.